stamped candle


Todays project is a quick simple one. I stamped my images onto cheap white tissue paper *the kind you get for stuffing gift bags* using Jet Black Archival Ink. Then I trimmed around the edges. *didn't bother with perfection, just cut roughly around it* Then, I placed my image on the candle and covered with wax paper. I gently heated with a heat gun until I could see the tissue paper melting into the candle. *No, I didn't come up with this technique... you can find it on the web and youtube*

This is a great way to make cheap pillar candles match your decor. They also work great as gifts.

From what I have read, you can burn these candles... just be careful and keep an eye on it. The paper can be peeled off if need be. Some candles basically burn a well right around the wick so the paper would not be affected at all.



Comments

  1. Kassi, Don't feel lonely, I didn't know about your blog. I'm on the cricut mb all the time on cricut chat. I rarely go to general. Tonight I did and I'm glad I did. Awesome blog, I love the idea of the candles, I've never seen this before, I can't wait to see what else you make. I signed up to follow you. Shari (cricutrookie)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment