get hoppin

Well, after a day of trying, I finally created a card that I liked. Some times the cards just happen, other times you have to work for the magic...

So. Here is my "hoppy birthday" frog.

The stamps I used for this card, are all Clear Dollar Stamps "Pond Pals". *isn't that little guy cute!*
The paper is: DCWV, and scraps of patterned paper and white cardstock.

I stamped the image using "Jet Black" Archival Ink. I then used Tim Holtz distress inks to water color the image. I used several colors of the Powder Puffs Inks it ink the edges. For the words/tag, I stamped my saying on a Shrinky Dink circle with black Staz-on. *stamp on the shrinky dink before you heat it... just in case you were wondering*


The background was sprayed with "iridescent gold" Glimmer Mist *though you can't really tell from the photo.. sorry*

Just to add some interest, I cut the front side of my card a little shorter than the back using a pair of paper edgers. When the card closed, you couldn't really see to fun edge... so I decided to edge the inside of my card with blue so you can see the edge I made on the front. However, I couldn't just leave that poor paper plain *now could I?* So I ran it through my Cuttlebug with the "Swiss Dots" embossing folder by Provo Craft. I then ran some sandpaper over the raised areas to bring out the core color. I randomly colored some of the dots with a Marvy dark brown marker.


To add a little sparkle, I used some "chunky sugar coating" from Doodlebug. I also filled in the cattails with some Stampendous Fun Flock to add a little texture. *you can't really tell from the photo, but if you run your finger over these little guys, they are fuzzy! It reminds me of those velvety stickers I used to love as a kid... I thought those where the best!... but, I am getting very side tracked*

A few rhinestones, waxy floss, and ribbon added the finishing touches to this little card.

Now I need to decide if I am going to be productive, or sit back and enjoy the rest of the evening... Let's see... YUP, I think I'll sit back! =)

Have a fabulous day!

Comments