Clearly Inspired Challenge #8 entry



So, I had every intention of having this posted yesterday, but just as I was sitting down to take the pictures and blog, a good friend of mine dropped by. I hadn't seen her in forever, so of course, we had to chat..... Time slipped away from me, like it so often does. So, here is my project for the Clearly Inspired Challenge #8 "It's Hip to be Square".


The stamps use on this card are all for the Clear Dollar Stamps "Old Wagon" set. I started with plain white cardstock. I wanted to give the card an old feel, so I inked up my stamp with Tim Holtz Distress ink and misted it. By doing this, the image is less crisp, and more like a water color painting. To keep with that image, I used a water brush with more distress ink to color it in. Another fun technique you can do with distress ink, is to flick a little water on your paper after applying a layer of ink. This leaves little water marks you can see in the pictures below.

For the base of the card. I used DCWV textured white cardstock. I then cut a piece of plain cardstock to fit the front. This piece of cardstock was completely covered with glue, toped with a piece of old book paper. When the glue was dry, I randomly placed pieces of masking tape over it and ripped it off. This only takes off the top layer of the paper in a random distressed way that I think looks really neat. (I learned this from Tim Holtz blog... I LOVE his work!) I then distressed the edges and added some "Old Paper" distress ink to stain the book paper. Again, going for an old look, I stapled my stamped image to my book paper. *aren't those the cutest staple??? The are the Tim Holtz Tiny Attachers... They work great for accent since they are so tiny.... love em!* I ran a Powder Puff ink pad around the edges of the base of the card, and glued on my card toppper.

Well, I am off to play.. I mean work on more projects... ;)

Comments

  1. What a wonderful card, Kassi! It's beautiful, and so full of wonderful details. So glad you played over at CIC ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous! And I love all the little details you added. Thanks so much for playing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice!! What a great rustic look you gave the card. Congratulations on being in the top 5!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card! I love how elegant it is! Congratulations on winning top 5!! You definately deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kassie,

    Love your card... the softness is just fabulous. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Clearly iStamp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops... sorry about that extra letter on your name!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment