fan flower fun

I have been meaning to post this for several days, I just haven't seemed to manage to do it. So...

I wanted to use fan flowers on a project because I have been having such a fun time making them lately. I used scraps of K&Co paper for the flowers. The brown is coredinations, and the base is cheap white cardstock.
I love using inks for shadowing, highlighting, and of course stamping, so for this card I used Powder Puff inks, Tim Holtz Distress Inks, and VersaMark embossing ink.

The border stamp is from Basic Grey "Finery" set. The sentiment is from "Cute Critters" by Clear Dollar Stamps.

brads and ribbon add a finishing touch



Fan flowers are easy to make *especially if you have a score board... I learned that...* I simply took strips of paper of varying widths, scored every 1/8th inch and fold back and forth *just like those paper fans you make when you are little* Then you staple the ends together and glue it down. *there are great tutorials online... that is how I learned...*
I used fun foam to make my own "pop dots" to add some interest with layers. The little scraps of ribbon were tucked behind the flowers like happy little leaves sticking out.








I like to emboss with white embossing powder on dark colored cardstock because it makes the image pop.

Well, there you have it, another project. I will hopefully be back on tomorrow with a project for a design challenge.
til' then, have a fabulous day!

Comments