first official CI DT challenge

Can I say I am excited!!! The Creative Inspirations DT went live as of April 1, and today is my day to share my first official DT project. *yes, I realize I have been playing with these sparkling gems for a while now, but this is an "official" project*
The challenge that was given was "green, yellow, and lavender"
Paper: watercolor paper, Sharron Ann Collection
Stamps: Clear Dollar "Cute Critters", 3 Bugs in a Rug "Bloom and Grow" and "Flower Patch"
Ink: VersaMark, Designer Ink, Memento
CI Paint: Plum, Buttercup
Other: Glaze gel pen, black embossing powder, flock, buttons
*I chose to use watercolor paper although, this works just as well on regular cardstock*
I stamped my image with VersaMark on the watercolor paper, and embossed with black embossing powder. The stem of the flower was colored in using designer ink and water. The flower and skunk were then painted in with the CI paints. To add a little texture, I used flock for the white stripe.
One thing I love about these paints is the versatility... they work on so many different surfaces. The little buttons started out as white. I simply stuck them to the sticky part of a post it note (this is just an easy way to hold small objects without touching them) and brushed on buttercup CI paint. A perfect match!
Check out the fabulous work of other DT members by going to the Creative Inspirations Blog here
If you want to join in this sparkling goodness you can get them here. Don't let the size of the jars fool you. a little can go a long way with these.
Have a fabulously sparkly day!!!

Comments

Post a Comment