shimmery decor

Good morning all! I hope you have all been having a fabulous week!
Once again it is time to share what I have been up to for the Creative Inspiration DT! The challenge this time was to "Go 3d". How fun is that?!!
Now, when I found out about this challenge, I had so many ideas of what I should do.... I decided to keep it simple. A few days ago, I got a call from my sister. She just moved into a new apartment, and was trying to decorate... She told me she had a plate she wanted to use for decor only, but it was too plain. She wanted to know how to alter it.
Well, there are lots of ways.... here is one. *I know this is not a plate, but the same technique can be used*

This started out as a plain glass votive candle holder.

do you remember my post on painting fabric here? Well, you can use the same vinyl stencil technique for painting other things too... I used Cricut "Home Accents" cartridge and my Cricut to cut out the vinyl. After you get your image cut out, cover your "item to alter" with the negative part of the vinyl (this is the part you have left over after you take away the image you cut). All that is left is painting! I used "Onyx" Creative Inspiration Paint. Love that shimmer!!!!
Here it is all lit up. Isn't it pretty? So go grab some CI paint here, and alter to your hearts content! Also make sure to check out the CI blog here for more colorful shimmery inspiration!
Have fun!




Comments

  1. lovely idea, really elegant, great shimmer too, beautiful and functional : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is just brilliant!!! gotta love that cricut right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!!! Love the shimmer it leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tell you, you have some of the best projects- I love this! I would love to see it in person- maybe I will have to make one!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and creative, so useful too. hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow....what a great idea! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment