grab your boots!


Hello everyone!!!

Yesterday was fabulous! It started out just like any other day.... However, when I got the mail, that changed! In my mailbox was a key. Now, I don't know how your mailboxes are set up, but if there is a key in my mailbox, it means there is a package for you that doesn't fit in the regular mail boxes.... So, I excitedly unlocked the big package mailbox, and sitting in there was a box... It was addressed to me... *grin*
Well, of course I knew what it was from the return address, and as soon as I got inside (where the whole neighborhood wouldn't see me doing the happy dance...) I raced to my studio to tear into the package.

So, what was inside? It was a rainbow of shimmery goodness! Oh, the colors! Oh, the shine! Oh, the cute little jars of Creative Inspirations paint! *swoon*

I think my dogs worried about my sanity as I spread all the jars out to drool over them. =)
I now have all the current colors, and I am on cloud 9!

Also in that box of happiness were a bunch of stamps.... can I say CUTE! *squeal* There were also a few odds and ends that you will see me using in the near future...

*sigh* Thanks for making my day Molly! You are awesome!

So, of course, I had to dive in and start creating right away! This particular stamp just made me laugh! It is kind of hard to read in the photo, but it says: "When it rains on your parade... Just put on really cute boots." LOVE IT!

Paper: DCWV, white cardstock
Ink: VersaMark
Stamp: Great Impressions
Die cut: Spellbinders "Label Six"
CI paint: Sunshine, Sea Foam, Fuchsia, Mango, Lavender, Aqua Marine, Spring Green, Blush, Emerald
Other: Provo Craft "Polka Dots" embossing folder, embossing powder

Here are some of the boots colored in... isn't that shimmer amazing! And the colors are simply delicious!
I like to heat emboss images I am going to paint because it helps keep the paint where you want it, and if you get any paint on the embossed lines, it easily wipes off with a little water and a q-tip.
For the background, I ran a piece of DCWV white core cardstock through my Cuttlebug using the "Polka Dots" embossing folder. I then sanded off the raised portion to reveal the white core. After that, I dabbed CI paint on some of the dots randomly. Notice it isn't perfect... That's ok... it just adds a splash of interest.

Well, I'm off to play some more! Have a fabulous day, and don't forget your cute boots!

Comments

  1. Kassi,
    You are a hoot. Your story is too funny and what a cute card. I love the saying you used.
    Thanks for sharing
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling card- love that stamp! I love the paints so much too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card, LOVE the shimmer of the boats! I also love the saying! As always, beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too Cute!!!! That is one of my favorite stamps too. Of course I do live in WA.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment