to the gables....

Hey all!

So, I have always like the looks of fancy gift boxes... I really like the gable boxes... However, I have never tried to make one before. Well, for the DT challenge over at the Creative Inspirations blog, I asked people to go monochromatic. I thought this would be a fun challenge to try a gable box for. *I think I could get addicted to making these...*

It was actually a lot easer than I thought it might be. I found instructions here. Then it was just a matter of folding, cutting, taping, and decorating!

Paper: My Mind's Eye, Coredinations, DCWV
Stamps: Inkadinkado singles
Ink: VersaMark, Memento, Distress ink
CI paint: Rose Quartz, Ivory
Dies: Nestablilities "Label Six", Marvy Circle punch
Other: Pearl Ex, embossing powder, rhinestones, button, ribbon

I didn't have the ribbon I wanted, so like always, I "made do". I painted a sheer ribbon with Rose Quartz. I then used tacky tape to attach a thinner ribbon on both sides of the sheer. I was going to make it a wired ribbon, but I decided *after I had the wire in there, of course* that me and wire ribbon just aren't meant to be friends... So I took the wire out. =)

The button was a plain old white button *I buy packages of plain white buttons at places like JoAnns for cheap* I painted that with Rose Quarts, but it seemed too bright. so I added a little Ivory on top to help tone it down. *please note that Ivory will only be available until the end of December, so get it soon! I love this color!!!*

I cut out the nested shapes with my Cuttlebug. You can't tell from the picture, but the lighter color really is a very light pink. I marbled the background with Ivory CI paint on the darker pink shape. Then I stamped the leaves with memento. I embossed "hello" with a combo of Pearl Ex, and embossing powder *tutorial on this coming soon, I promise! The pictures are all ready taken, just need to organize* Because of the base color I used, in some lights the letters look a lot darker than in other lights, and they shimmer with a pinkish red. I like the effect, though I don't do this technique as often.

A few rhinestones *told ya I'm addicted!!!* to finish of the piece.

This picture really shows how well the shimmer of the Ivory CI paint shows up on darker papers. It can be hard to find products that show up on dark papers... well, here is one. =)

Make sure to stop by the CI blog here to check out the amazing projects from the others on the DT!

Comments

  1. Such a pretty gift box, love the details, Rose Quartz is one of my favorite colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty gift box, wonderful use of the paints!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you have done with the paints- and the idea of using the ivory to tone down the darker colors- especially the button! A great idea too- gift boxes are always great to have on hand. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. I am going to have to try a few of these gift boxes for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gift box is perfect! So pretty! I love rose quartz! Great job Kassi!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment