bed time stories challenge...

"Winkin', Blinkin', and Nod one night sailed off in a wooden shoe;
Sailed off on a river of crystal light into a sea of dew."
Paper: white cardstock
Stamps: Fancy Pants "On a Whimsey", "Doodles and Things"
Ink: VersaMark, Archival, Distress ink
Creative Inspirations Paint: Denium
Other: Nailheads, Rhinestones

Starting yesterday, the Creative Inspirations blog is having weekly challenges! Fun, huh!!! This week's challenge is to be inspired by a bedtime story. I chose an old favorite of mine from my childhood... "Winkin', Blinkin', and Nod"
I stamped the swirl stamp in VersaMark, then embossed with a pearl embossing powder. I then used Denium CI paint to do a wash over the back by mixing lots of water with the paint and brushing it over the whole background. I love how beautiful the color stays, and how much shimmer there is even when watered down!
The ship was stamped with Archival ink, then colored using Distress ink... I added some nailheads for a little extra texture and shine. I then cut out the boat, and used foam dots to attach it to the card. This makes it stick out slightly, giving the card more dimension.
I distressed the edges of the blue paper using an edge distresser. I then added more ink. I glued all that onto the front of a white cardstock card that I had inked the front brown.

Well, for as far ahead as I was by last Friday, I sure feel behind now since I got nothing done over the weekend.... Guess I better go vacuum or something productive....
Have a fabulous day!
Kassi

Comments

Post a Comment