simple thank you...

This may seem slightly out of season, but for one of my sisters, I have been making a collection of "thank you" cards for her Christmas present... (don't worry, she won't see it here... she doesn't do the whole blog thing). Lately, she has been stopping by my house and asking if she can take a few cards... I was beginning to run low on the simple "thank you" cards she likes, so I decided to make  a bunch just for her.

Anyway, I thought I would share one today.

 Paper: white cardstock
Stamps: Fancy Pants "Doodles and Things", Glitz "Distressing"
Ink: Distress ink (Vintage Photo, Victorian Velvet, Spun Sugar, Aged Mahogany), Colorbox ink (Chestnut pigment, White Frost pigment)
Other: clear embossing powder, buttons

I started out by lightly stamping the background. I didn't want it to be loud or distracting, but rather to give a soft illusion of depth.

I then stamped the flowers with Frost White pigment ink.  Because of their slow drying time, pigment inks can be used for heat embossing. So, after I stamped the flowers, I covered them with clear embossing powder, and hit it with the heat gun.  I then applied multiple distress ink colors with my ink blending tool. The embossing powder acts as a resist, so the flowers stay nice and white.

*notice all the little speckles around the flowers? That happens when you don't rub an anti-static powder over your paper before stamping & embossing.  I currently don't know where my powder is besides "in a box", so I had to do without. I don' mind the look though. I think it gives it a softer aged look. But that is my personal opinion. =)*

 I then finished it off by stamping my letters, and adding a few coordinating buttons. Simple, yet charming. Just the way she likes them. 

Have a wonderful day!
~Kassi

Comments