find your way...

Hey everyone... 
I got the itch to do a scrapbook page, so I dug out a photo that I have been meaning to scrap for a while, and this is what I came up with...
Paper: Bazzill, My Mind's Eye, whie cardstock
Ink: Distress (Walnut Stain, Aged Mahogany, Stormy Sky), Colorbox (Cream White, Mudslide, Toffee, Popcorn)
Stamps: Glitz "Distressing", Fancy Pants "In My Words"
Creative Inspiration Paint: Fairy Dust, Tutu Pink
Cricut: Wall Decor
Other: Glossy Accents, Button, Embossing powder, ribbon, Tim Holtz "Adornments"


I know, can you believe it... I dug out my Cricut again! I got Wall Decor on one of those fabulous sales that have been going on, and I LOVE it!   I had so much fun with this page. 

Here are some close ups...
 I cut the compass out of white cardstock. I then used a temporary adhesive to attach it to the background page. I did a bunch of inking with distress ink. I then removed the compass, stamped it, covered it in Fairy Dust CI, and set it aside. I wanted more contrast between the compass and the back ground, so after flicking some water on it to create water spots, I rubbed a thin layer of several pigment inks over the area... this gave it a dusty, old, and faded feel. I then offset my compass slightly to give added depth.

 This fabulous metal heart is from the Tim Holtz Adornments. I don't usually use charms on my page, but I was given it and challenged to use it, so I did!  Before attaching it to the compass, I rubbed a little bit of Tutu Pink CI paint over it... The CI paint doesn't stick fantastically well doing this, but it does get caught in some of the crevices for a subtle hint of shine and color. A little ribbon, and it was ready for the page.

 The letters were also cut out of white cardstock (man I love that stuff!). I then applied a light layer of Distress ink using an ink blending tool. For those who don't know, Distress ink is a special dye ink that stays wet long enough to emboss... and that is just what I did.. I covered them in a layer of embossing powder. After heating, and allowing to cool completely, I added another heavier coat of distress ink to highlight the texture. 

 The birds were cut out of brown cardstock that I then stamped with a pigment ink.. Pigment inks are opaque, so you can stamp on dark paper.. LOVE it!  
I also added a layer of Glossy Accents to the wire the birds are sitting on to give it some dimension.

With Colorbox Archival ink, I stamped directly onto the photo as well as inking the edges...I love stamping on photos. It is a great way to soften the edges of the photo, and tie it into the rest of your design.

And, guess what... this project also fits all the criteria for a challenge!  (this wasn't what I had been thinking of doing for this challenge, but this is where the creative spark led... and who am I to disregard a creative spark? LOL!)

So.. here is the challenge...
and the requirements...
1. must be attached to a square.  check. my page is 12x12 square.
2. must have a piece of fabric in any form. check. the ribbon is fabric.
3.  must include something that represents "love". check. I went with the colors pink and brown... pink for love, brown for chocolate. Also, this photo represents one of the rare moments when the kiddos are showing family love rather than family feuds... =)
4. must include a heart. check. the metal Adornment heart.
5. must include some variation of wire. check. the birds are on a wire. (ok, so it's a paper wire, but that is a "variation", right?)

Ok, it's late.... 
'Nite all!
~Kassi

Comments