flowers and butterflies...

Happy Monday everyone!

I was up for a good portion of last night with a very impressive thunder storm that was driving my dogs NUTS!  However, things have clammed down, and there is even a little bit of sun poking out through the clouds. (that is fairly impressive for the northwest part of WA!)

Well, on to a project... I did this one on Saturday while the rains were coming down and I was getting a new porch light put up.
Paper: white cardstock, My Mind's Eye, old book paper
Ink: Distress Ink (Rusty Hinge, Forest Moss, Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, Victorian Velvet, Aged Mahogany)
Tsukineko All Purpose Ink (Banana Cream, Lemon, Frost White, Ash Rose, Vegas Gold
Stamps: Inkadinkado "Letter", Fancy Pants "In My Words"
Die Cuts:  Cricut "Preserves" "Create A Critter", Quickutz "Cookie Cutter Flowers" "Nesting Oval Scallops"
Creative Inspirations Paint: Onyx, Silver Frost
Stencil: Stensource "Mini Butterflies"
Other: Ranger Perfect Pearls, nail heads, rhinestones, stamen, textures paste

The butterfly was made using a stencil and texture paste. (man, I LOVE this stuff!)  After it was dry, I painted it with Onyx CI paint. I then used water to blend in a little Silver Frost for accents.  A bunch of hot fix rhine stones form the swirl under the butterfly.  The oval the butterfly is on was cut out of my favorite paper... white cardstock. I then inked it with several colors and shades of Distress ink, and stamped the text with Forest Moss.

This stamp is a Fancy Pants Stamp, and I love it! It is great for filling in, or adding visual weight. I stamped it with Forest Moss Distress Ink. Because this ink stays wet for a little while, I was able to brush on some perfect pearls. They stick only to the wet ink, so you end up with a shimmery stamped image with very little effort. I love the effect!

The flowers were all hand made... I love making flowers! The small pink flowers were cut from old dictionary pages using the Quickutz "Cookie Cutter Flower" die, inked, scrunched, and formed into flowers.
The other flower was made by cutting 3 large and 1 small flower from "Create a Critter" Cricut Cart and 4 small flowers from the "Preserves" cart. They were inked twisted, scrunched, and layered together for lots of dimension and texture.

Well, that's it for me today.. now I've got to get serious about some of the things on my "dreaded but necessary" to-do list... Wish me luck. LOL!
~Kassi

Comments

  1. Beautiful, beautiful work. I was surprised to read you made the flowers. Very professional indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment