spring candle...

Hey everyone!
Yesterday my niece called me (she is 7, and thinks talking on the phone is one of the best past time ever invented!).. Anyway... we were chatting, and I mentioned that I had seen a couple of deer walking through my yard that morning... She asked me if they were babies. After I told her they weren't she lost interest. LOL! 
However, it got me thinking of spring and baby animals...
 Paper: tissue paper
Stamp: Penny Black "Garden Friends"
Ink: Versamark
Creative Inspirations Paint: Fuchsia, Green Olive, Amethyst, Mango, Sunshine, Mocha Latte, Tutu Pink, Fairy Dust, Denium
Other: embossing powder

I had tons of fun painting this.. I did a little bit of blending, shading, and not worrying about perfection.  I love how the shimmer shows through the wax. So much fun!

Here is a link to a candle tutorial I did a while ago... I use paint to stamp in that tutorial, but you can use ink, or, like I did in this bunny candle, embossing powder as well.  The way you melt the tissue paper onto the candle is the same.

Well... gotta let the dogs out... really don't want to.. it's pouring rain...
~Kassi

Comments