falling for the bear...

Hey everyone! 

Sorry I haven't posted more... I've been feeling like my week goes from Monday straight to Friday, and I'm not sure where the time went! =)

Anyway, I've been thinking that I need to start working on fall things... After all, if I don't start now, they will probably never get done. lol!

When I was out shopping yesterday, I came across a fun stamp set by Inkadinkado that really got me in the mood for fall!

 Honestly, isn't that bear SO SWEET! And that is only one of the stamps in the set! (yes, I'm very excited over this stamp set!)

The leaves are made by Petaloo. They started out as white velvet, but I mixed up some Distress Ink sprays and went to town. =)

I wanted a little more dimension to the card, so I made a wreath of twisted wires. I wrapped wire around a jar several times for the base and wrapped a couple short pieces of wire in random places to hold it in place. I then wrapped a long wire around a dowel to curl it, then randomly wrapped that around the other wires. It turned out quite fun.

The bear is stamped onto watercolor paper with Archival Ink. I love this ink when I'm planning on watercoloring because it won't smear!
Most of the bear was watercolored using Distress Inks. Because they work so well with water, you can rub the pad on a non-porous surface, then use that ink as paint. Tons of fun!

All the sparkly parts are done with Creative Inspirations Paint. I added Glossy Accents over the honey to give it a wet shiny look. 

I had so much fun with this card! I'm thinking more halloween projects will be coming...

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Paper: Rusty Pickle, Bazzill, Watercolor paper, White cardstock
Ink: Distress Ink (Rusty Hinge, Dusty Concord, Peeled Paint, Vintage Photo, Tea Dye, Tattered Rose, Victorian Velvet, Frayed Burlap, Antique Linen, Pumice Stone, Aged Mahogany, Mustard Seed), Archival Ink (Jet Black), Mark-it (Tuxedo Black)
Stamps: Inkadinkado "Cat & Friends"
Creative Inspirations Paint: Gold, Raw Sienna, Citrus
Dies: Quickutz "Nesting Circles"
Other: Glossy Accents, rhinestones, wire, Petaloo Leaves, 

Comments