spider venom...

Along with the Halloween cards I've been making, I've decided to make a Halloween mini album. I have no idea why.... the urge just hit, and I decided to go with it. =)

Last October I was RAKed by a sweet lady, a bunch of Halloween type embellies, so I decided to let that be my starting off point. 

I started by designing the basic shapes of all the pages on my Gypsy and cutting them out of black chipboard. From there, I'll work each page as the inspiration hits.  I'm really excited about this!

Anyway, here is the cover (as that is the only part I have finished yet.)

Paper: chipboard, acetate
Stamps: Fancy Pants "Delight" & "In My Words", Sassafrass "Collage Trim"
Ink: StazOn (Jet Black), Alcohol Ink (Cranberry), All Purpose Ink (Poppy Red), ColorBox (Cream White, Antique Pewter), Distress Ink (Soot)
Creative Inspirations Paint: Antique Gold
Cricut: Plantin Schoolbook
Other: Prima flowers, Making Memories brads, Morbid Industries "Spooky Bottle Labels", brads, clear embossing powder, Pirate Gold embossing powder, Enamel Accents, Crackle Accents

 For the edge, I built up multiple layers of clear embossing powder and Poppy All Purpose ink. I then randomly sprinkled on some Pirate Gold embossing powder with my fingers. While the embossing powder was still hot, I pressed a stamp into it, leaving a fabulous textured impression.  Rubbing StazOn over the top really helps pick up the edges and accentuate the design. 

 The butterflies were stamped with StazOn ink onto acetate. I then inked them with Alcohol ink and cut them out. Using a heat gun, I gently overheated the acetate to make it warp.  It really adds dimension!

The main image is actually a label meant to be put on a wine bottle for a fun Halloween treat. But since I will never use it as that, I decided it would be perfect for this mini album. I tore up the sides a little and randomly smeared a layer of Crackle Accents over part it. Once it was dry I used a foam ink blending tool to work black ink into all the little cracks. The enamel will resist the ink, but the ink that goes down in the little cracks stays and really brings them out. 

Anyway, I had tons of fun with this! Now... how to do the next page... 

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Comments