brown and blue...

I absolutely adore this photo of my nephew's first visit to the ocean, so I wanted to make it the main focal point of the page and keep the rest of the page simple. 


*quick tip: when printing you photos, instead of using glossy photo paper, try printing them on a lightly textured card stock for a faux canvas look.*

That's what I did here. I used a cream sheet of Bazzill card stock. The cream color accented the sepia photo well... If I had a colored photo, I would have used white card stock instead.  

I used a couple blue buttons mixed in with the browns to give it  a little pop of color. I also brought a tiny bit of blue up the page with the stitching on the side of the photo. To keep it from being overpowering, I used a faux bakers twine in cream and light blue. 

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Paper: Die Cuts with a View, Coredinations, Bazzill, Chipboard
Ink: Distress Ink (Frayed Burlap), Markit (Tuxedo Black)
Stamps: Martha Stewart "Patterns"
Creative Inspirations Paint: Carmel, Mocha Latte, Fairy Dust, Tanzanite
Cricut: A Child's Year
Other: pearl cotton , buttons

Comments