berry mousy

I'm sitting here watching the rain fall, and the river across the street, and I find that I am very thankful for a warm dry house, and the fact that my house is uphill from the river... =)

I have been busy worrying about getting Christmas cards made, but I had to take some time to focus on birthday cards since there are 2 family b-days in Dec... 

I love this image from Penny Black!
 I used watercolor crayons to paint the image. I have fallen in love with watercolor crayons over the past summer... They are easy to use, and very portable. I often stamp a bunch of images on watercolor paper and just take them and my crayons and water brush where ever I'm going.. I can paint when I have a second, and there is very little to clean up when I have to stop.

This floating mouse was stamped twice.. The first time, directly onto the card, the second time on a separate piece of paper.  I then colored the second one and added flocking to the dandelion puff. I then cut out the mouse and the dandelion puff and attached them over the first image using pop dots ... Because the image was stamped on the card, I didn't have to worry about fussy cutting the stem or tail..

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Supplies Used:
Paper: Coredinations, kraft, watercolr paper
Ink: Archival Ink (Jet Black), Distress Ink (Walnut Stain), VersaMark
Stamps: Glitz "Distressing", Penny Black "Make a Wish"
Other: Doodlebug flocking, embossing powder, Recollections faux pearls, string

Comments

  1. Very Sweet birthday card! Hope you are staying dry! Hugs, J

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment