butterfly thanks....

November is a time for gratitude... 

 I made a set of 12 (3 of each color) for the card collection I'm giving my sister for Christmas. Again, they are simple, but that is the way she likes them, and it does make it a lot faster to make a lot of cards!

This butterfly is actually 2 stamps from the Inspired by Stamping "Butterfly Wing" set. The first layer I stamped with Distress ink, then I heat embossed the second image over top.  The combo of these two stamps is becoming one of my favorite butterfly images!   

I fussy cut the butterfly out so I could make the wings pop.  I didn't even try to cut out the antennas, instead I added a couple strands of metallic embroidery floss under the body when gluing it to the card. it gives them movement and texture, and is super easy!

enjoy!
~Kassi

Supplies Used:
Paper: Bazzill, Coredinations, white cardstock
Ink: VersaMark, Distress Ink
Stamps: Inspired by Stamping "Butterfly Wings", Inkadinkado "Sketchy Flourishes"
Creative Inspirations Paint: Pumpkin, Fairy Dust, Lavender, Sky Blue
Dies: Spellbinders "Label Six"
Other: embossing powder, embroidery floss, rhinestones, ribbon

Comments

  1. Beautiful cards! That set is on my list to get, I love that set! The butterflies are so much fun! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment