snow...

Well, after quite a bit of rain and wind last night, our trees are looking pretty bare... They are even throwing around the dreaded "S" word on the radio (SNOW)... 

Guess it could be worse... snow is pretty. =)
 Do you realize that December is creeping up on us REALLY fast????   I've been working on Christmas cards like crazy the last while!

This one uses a very basic resist technique... THe snowflakes were stamped randomly on white paper with VersaMark. I then heat embossed them with a clear pearl embossing powder.   After they cooled, I sponged on a whole tone of the new limited edition "Iced Spruce" Distress ink..I love this color!  To add sparkle, I then added a wash of Creative Inspirations Paint "Fairy Dust".  The ink and paint wipe right off the embossed areas with a slightly damp rag.

I then used Archival ink to stamp the snowman onto  a scrap of white cardstock. I coated the snow part of him with CI "Fairy Dust", then went in with distress inks to add color and shadows.  Pumice Stone Distress ink is great for warm shadows, but Iced Spruce is perfect for the cool shadows! I then cut him out... the arms were too thin to cut out well, so I just cut them off. Instead, I painted some string with Chocolate CI and threaded it through little slits where the arms should be... It adds some great character!

Finally, the snowman was attached using pop dots for just a little added dimension. 

A little sewing and distressing of the edges, rhinestones for pop, and it was ready to attach to a kraft card base... Tie it up with a little string, and it's good to go!

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Supplies Used
Paper: kraft, white cardstock
Ink: VersaMark, Archival (Coffee), Distress Ink (Victorian Velvet, Peeled Paint, Fired Brick, Gathered Twigs, Iced Spruce, Rusty Hinge)
Stamps: Inkadinkado "Snowflakes", Great Impressions snowman
Creative Inspirations Paint: Fairy Dust, Chocolate
Other: rhinestones, string, embossing powder, glossy accents

Comments

  1. Love this card- I love the CI painted twig (arms) and love the color of your card.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment