butterfly bubbles...

Happy Monday everyone!  

Well, after spending last week house bound due to the snow and ice, it will be nice to venture into the city to see if the real world still exists. LOL!


While the weather has made travel difficult, it has given me time in my studio, which is good since  I was given a list a few days ago by a family member requesting a bunch of cards for Feb. birthdays and such. 


I've been playing with some of my favorite mediums that have been neglected lately, so I thought I would also dig out one of my favorite techniques that I haven't used lately... So here's to bubble wrap!
(I wrote the tutorial a while ago, so if you missed it, here's the link.)

 Instead of stamping with CI paints like I did in the tutorial, I used white acrylic paint. While the paint was still wet, I dumped on some white embossing powder and heat set.  I then used Green Olive CI to paint the background. The acrylic paint and embossing powder acts as a fabulous resist.

The edges were done by running the edge of the cardstock through an edge distresser, then rubbing on Antique Silver with my finger. I have recently fallen in love with this. Not only do I get my fingers messy, the edges have an almost gilded look. Fabulous!

Another favorite, the butterfly from Inspired by Stamping "Butterfly Wings" set... Stamped on thin plastic and cut out twice. The bottom layer is colored using Alcohol inks. 

Notice the tulle?  Doesn't it look like a butterfly net? And such great texture! (Man, I love texture!!!)

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Supplies Used
Paper: Coredinations, Recollections clear plastic, white cardstock
Stamps: Inspired by Stamping "Butterfly Wings"
Ink: StazOn (Jet Black), Alcohol ink (Wild Plum)
Creative Inspirations Paint: Green Olive, Antique Silver
Other: acrylic paint, embossing powder, rhinestones, string, tulle

Comments