black button dilemma...

Happy Valentines Day (for those of you who celebrate it), and happy Tuesday (to all those who don't).

For a long time, I have loved the oversized swirl stamps (like Fancy Pants makes), because of how versatile they are. They work well with small projects like cards, and large things like scrapbook LO.  It's not easy to find the large scale stamps though...  

However, I recently came across Stampendous Jumbo flower stamps and I think I'm in love! I need to get me more of these!

This card features the "Hydrangea" stamp... I love how big it is!  And it's scale is wonderful for LOs!

This is something fun I've been playing with... It is a mixture of gesso and Creative Inspirations Paint. You have to work with it somewhat to get the shimmer to show, but you end up with a soft matte finish (kinda like a chalkboard) with a subtle shimmer that is beautiful! (and really great to stamp on!!!)

Isn't it funny how you can have a huge stash of something yet you never seem to have what you need? I went through my stash of buttons but couldn't come up with 3 buttons that were the same size, shape, and color to work with this card. So, I went to plan B and made some. I used the Martha Stewart button punch on some clear Polyshrink plastic (also known as Shrinky Dink plastic). Once they were heated and shrunk, I painted the back with some CI paint. Perfect!

 ok, I should go get something highly productive done (LOL!)...have a wonderful day everyone!

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Supplies Used:
Paper: white cardstock
Ink: Archival (Jet Black), Memento (London Fog), Colorbox (Frost White), VersaMark
Stamps: Stampendous "Hydrangea", Basic Grey (Swirly), Inkadinkado "Letter", Fancy Pants "Pollen Dust"
Creative Inspirations Paint: Rose Quartz, Coal
Other: Martha Stewart button punch, Polyshrink, Websters Pages flower, ribbon, gesso, embossing powder, gesso

Comments

  1. Your card is beautiful! Thanks for the button-making tip. I just got the MS button punch and can't wait to try the shrink plastic!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment