a key to the cage...

Hello my wonderful friends!

I hope you have all been having a fabulous week.

I probably should be doing inventory right now, but instead, I thought I'd share a quick project with you. =)

 I have a jar sitting in my studio window that is filled with keys. Some of the keys are to cars and houses that are no longer mine... other, we collected from my grandparents home when we were getting ready to sell. Most I have no idea what they go to. It's fun to give them a new purpose in my crafting... 

 This card was really an experiment with visual layering. The clock was done with a mask and gesso.  I then layered a bunch of different stamps from a bunch of different companies. I don't usually layer all these stamps like this, and I wanted to give it a try. It's really fun to not have to worry about if the image stamped perfectly or if everything is perfectly straight... The angles and imperfections add to the overall look.  A great way to just play with a variety of stamps.  

I also had some fun with the charms. The birdcage is the same stamp that you can see on the right side of the card. I stamped it on clear Polyshrink plastic with StazOn ink, then I sponged on some Fairy Dust CI paint on the back. After I just cut and shrunk. It's a great way to make custom charms that match your stamped image. (just don't forget to punch a hole for the jump ring before you shrink!).  

For the key, I did a base coat in gesso, then I mixed several CI paint colors together to match the color of my card. A jump ring and safety pin attach it to the card. (and yes, it is completely free to dangle. I did however used red liner tape to make sure my raffia was very secure!)

Well, I guess I should go get busy with what I'm supposed to be doing. LOL! 

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Supplies Used
Paper: white cardstock, kraft
Ink: StazOn (Timber Brown), Archival (Coffee), Distress (Weathered Wood, Gathered Twigs, Frayed Burlap, Picket Fence)
Stamps: Inkadinkado "Letter", Basic Grey "Swirlies" & "Aviary", Tim Holtz "Nature Elements" & "Odds and Ends", Inspired by Stamping "Fancy Labels 18"
Creative Inspirations Paint: Fairy Dust, Mocha Latte, Sky Blue, Winter Frost
Other: Tim Holtz mask, Perfect Pearls, Polyshrink, raffia, jump rings, safety pin, gesso

Comments