a little canvasing...

Hello all my wonderful friends! 

I think I am addicted.... to canvas. I love the stuff! I love how paints and inks look on it. I love how much abuse it can take without falling apart. I love the texture. I just love it. Paper is fabulous, but I'm loving canvas right now!

The hardest part of this kind of project for me is the layering of the background. Each layer looks so cool, I'm afraid to cover it up with the next layer because I'm afraid I won't like it as much as I like the current layer, or I'll ruin it, or something.... In honesty though, when I just go for it, I find that I love the background more as I add more layers. It adds a depth that just can't be achieved any other way. 

 The butterflies are stamped on acetate, then cut out. I sponged on some Ivory CI paint on the back to give it some opacity and shimmer. Love the look!  The gold doodles and edging are Antique Gold CI paint. Love this color! It adds such a vintage elegance!

 The heart was cut out of chipboard. I then covered it with Rock Candy Crackle Paint (by Ranger). After it was all dry and cracked, I inked it with Victorian Velvet stain. I love this color! I also edged it with more Antique Gold CI. After that was dry, I covered the whole thing with Glossy Accents and a very light dusting of CI Angel Dust Resplendence. I love how you can  see the layer of cracks encased in the Glossy Accents. So amazing!

SweetStamps.com is sponsoring the CI challenges this month, so they sent each of us on the CIDT a couple of their stamps to work with. This corner is one of them, and I LOVE it! I stamped it on clear shrink plastic, cut it out and heated it.  It is a beautiful corner accent, and the added dimension of the plastic is awesome!

Have a wonderful day!

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Supplies Used:
Paper: Sticky-back Canvas, chipboard, acetate
Ink: Distress ink (Dusty Concord, Shabby Shutters, Faded Jeans, Victorian Velvet, Picket Fence), Archival (Jet Black), StazOn (Jet Black)
Stamps: Fancy Pants "Fresh Mod", Inkadinkado "Letter", Tim Holtz "Natures Elements", SweetStamps.com "Baroque Corner Large"
Creative Inspirations: Paint (Antique Gold, Coal, Ivory), Resplendence (Angel Dust)
Other: Perfect Pearls, Rock Candy Crakle paint, Glossy Accents, shrink plastic, gesso, acrylic paint

Comments