not your ant's beeswax...

I think I have crafty ants....

Yesterday, I found ants in my apartment. Were they in the kitchen? Oh no! They are all over by my craft stuff... Not sure what they are creating, but they seem to be having  fun... LOL!

Well, while the ants have been hard at work on what ever it is they are working on, I have been having fun with beeswax. I've worked with beeswax a little in the past, but I recently decided to dig it out and play with it some more. 

For this project, I combined it with CI paints, Perfect Pearls, Stickyback canvas, and embossing folders... Beautiful results, huh!

This shot of the background before I finished the card really shows the shimmer reflecting in the light!


 I cut the flowers out of mixed media paper using the Spellbinders "Rose Creations" die. I then colored them with Distress inks, and stamped on them. After, I covered them in beeswax, and used an embossing folder to give them more texture.... They were then brushed with some Perfect Gold Perfect Pearls for a beautiful shimmer. Aren't they elegant!

 Just look at that texture and shimmer!!!! 
I'll be posting a step by step tutorial for this background on Saturday both here and on the Creative Inspirations blog, so make sure to drop by! (and don't forget to leave comments... I love to hear your thoughts!)

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Supplies Used:
Paper: Sticky-back canvas (Ranger), mixed media paper
Ink: Distress (Antique Linen, Weathered Wood), Archival (Jet Black, Coffee), Perfect Medium, VersaMark
Stamps: Glitz "Distressing"
Dies: Spellbinders "Rose Creations"
Creative Inspirations: Paint (Lavender, Antique Gold, Antique Silver, Sea Foam, Green Olive), Deliquesce (White)
Other: Provo Craft "Stylized Flowers" & "D'vine Swirls" embossing folders, Perfect Pearls, beeswax, faux pearls, ribbon


Comments

  1. Kassi, wow! That gold glimmer is GORGEOUS! The card would be beautiful even without CI shimmer, but it is icing on the cake. :) And those ants' feet must be so shiny now! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment