thankful...

For those of you in blogger land that celebrate Thanksgiving, may I wish you and yours a wonderful and safe holiday.  Even if you don't celebrate, I think we all have things in our lives to be grateful for. I know my life is filled with people, places, experiences, and opportunities that I am VERY thankful for. I am truly blessed. 

With that in mind, I knew I had to join in the ScrapbookUSA's very first challenge. The theme is "Thankful"

My nephew is just learning to talk.  He is absolutely adorable, and sometimes you can actually understand what he is trying to say. LOL!  He's "ank oo" is so sweet!  We are taught from a young age that it is polite to say "thank you", but I don't think it really makes sense until we find out for ourselves how much a truly heartfelt "thank you" can mean. 


Sending a "thank you" card is a great way to show how thankful you are for someone, so I went with that for my challenge project. 

I kept it fairly simple with a patterned paper background from the DCWV "Fall & Halloween" stack. I also diecut flowers from a coordinating paper from that stack. The leaves are from Petaloo. And a home made crinkle ribbon to tie it off. 

The flowers were made from diecutting both paper and tulle using Spellbinder's "Carnation Creations" die. I then folded them in half and added a button. I brushed some Gold CI paint on the petals and leaves for a little extra sparkle.

Well... I've got pie to make....

Thank you to all of my wonderful visitors, followers, and friends! You make blogging worth while!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Enjoy!
~Kassi


Supplies Used:
Paper: DCWV "Fall & Halloween" stack, kaft
Ink: Distress Ink, VersaMark, Colorbox
Stamps: Fiskars "Petals from Scratch"
Creative Inspirations: Gold
Dies: Spellbinders "Carnation Creation"
Other: Petaloo foliage, buttons, floss, embossing powder, crinkle ribbon, tulle

Comments

  1. This card is gorgeous and I love the way you folded the flower over to give it a unique look. Clever, clever and I am a forever fan of crinkly ribbon, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment