challenge closeups...

Hello my fabulous friends! 

Well, as I am frantically getting ready to hit the road to go to the ScrapbookUSA Expo (YAY!), I wanted to share a few detail shots of the LO I did to show my take on the LO contest sketch... remember this...


Well... here's some close ups....

I love the Tattered Floral Die From Tim Holtz!  I love that it cuts through so many kinds of materials! here I've got my textured paper (card stock and tissue paper all painted up and pretty!) mesh, and fabrics layered for fun full blooms that really pop!  I love having a variety of textures, it really adds something to the flowers.

Next up we have the paper edges... One of my current favorites... some nice tattering of the edges then running it through my sewing machine with a simple straight stitch.... The other thing to note here... I wanted to have a place to journal, but the pink with polka dots (while very cute) was not really the best background for writing. To help "dull" it down, I swiped a few layers of Distress Picket Fence over it. It really makes a big difference!

And the butterflies! I wish I knew what type of paper they were made out of... Honestly, I used the linen-y paper that was between sheets craft plastic.... it is a delicate, translucent, velum like paper, and it was perfect for butterflies!  I colored it using Alcohol inks, then I punched it using a Martha Stewart punch. Because of the thin nature of the paper, it didn't punch very well... Simple fix... I layered a piece of regular card stock under it and punch through both layers. Worked like a charm. I then drew in the bodies with Enamel Accents. 

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Comments