tied with love...

Hello my fabulous friends!

Fall is in there air. For me, that means rain, and lots of it. Cloudy skies and rain. 

I'm not complaining. I LOVE rain. It makes me happy! It also creates the perfect kind of atmosphere for spending hours in my studio because there is no sunshine begging me to while away the hours basking in it's rays. :)

Maybe I'll start getting more things done...

Like scrapbooking this summer's photos!

 The "wooden" paper was cut using the Silhouette file "Heartstrings Card" by Loni Stevens. It is designed to be the front of a square card, but I enlarged it to fit my 12x12 page. PERFECT!  I then cut out some cut out some extra hearts in blue and white that I enlarged slightly more and layered them behind some of the strung hearts to make them pop. 

(I found this cut in the clearance section this week, so it is only $0.50!!!! WOOT! I adore it!)

I used a free font to create my title. Some of the lines were too thin to cut, so I used one of the metallic sketch pens to draw it, the used the "offset tool" to cut it out.  I then colored it in using a Distress Marker. I could have turned the whole thing into a print and cut image, but I really liked the metallic sparkle the sketch pen gave it, and I didn't mind coloring it in.

These little guys are a fun little trick I haven't done in a while... Simply cut strips of paper and run them through an embossing tapewriter. Normally I use a white core paper, and gently sand off the embossed area to reveal the white core on the letters. However, I didn't have the right blue in white core, so I used a white pigment ink to ink the letters and numbers. Then, I covered them with Glossy Accents to give them the plastic look. 

This sweet stamp from Unity was perfect for this family photo LO.  I love the little keychain heart fob, and I wanted to accentuate it, so I covered it with a LOT of Glossy Accents (two thick layers) to make it not only glossy, but raised. It is hard to see in the photo, but it looks really cool IRL!


Enjoy!
~Kassi



Challenges:


Supplies Used:
Paper: Core'dinations, My Minds Eye, Recollections, card stock
Ink: Color Box, StazOn, Distress Ink, Silhouette Sketch Pen
Stamps: Unity "No Greater Love" & "Crappy Day"
Silhouette: "Heartstrings Card", "Artisan Labels"
Other: Glossy Accents

Comments