a bunch of roses...

Hello my fabulous friends!!

Yes, this is my second post today... due to internet issues, I couldn't get the posts up sooner, so I have to get both done on the last day of the month.. 

(at this point I'm just grateful that my internet seems to be working again!!!)

This card's inspiration came from Altenew's Inspiration challenge for June.

Since I'm getting ready to start my sister's wedding album, I figured this was the perfect time to practice my roses! :)

I prefer to stamp my multi-layered stamps with my MISTI. I have a MUCH easier time lining things up and trusting that it's how I want it. I waste a lot less paper and time, and it's a lot less stressful for me. That's not to say that they can't be stamped with a traditional block (many people do it that way), I just prefer the MISTI.

I used some tissue tape to keep my dies in place while I ran it through my Big Shot...

Since I wasn't exactly sure what I was going to do, I stamped and cut plenty of flowers and leaves... I figure any extras can be saved for a future project. (This is also a good way to do something creative even when you aren't FEELING especially creative.. You don't have to know how it's going to come together, but you can stamp and cut flowers so they are ready when inspiration hits.)

When adhering them to my card front, I used foam tape behind some of them for dimension. 

The fun thing about this card is that it is a shaker card... but the flowers cover up all the sparkles until you shake it. Just a fun little surprise for the person who gets the card. :)

The flowers and leaves come from a mix of two stamp and die sets: 

The sentiment is Altenew Oriental Orchid

The ink colors are (light to dark)
Yellow: Buttercream (Altenew), Mango Smoothie (Altenew), Warm Sunshine (Altenew), Butter Bar (Hero Arts)
Greens: Frayed Leaf (Altenew), Forest Glade (Altenew), Evergreen (Altenew)

Have a wonderful day!

Enjoy!
~Kassi

SaveSaveSaveSave

Comments