hidden ninjas...

Hello my fabulous friends!

I'm so sorry for the recent blog absence... My mom was diagnosed with cancer last week, and I've needed some time to be with my family. 

I'm getting back into my studio though.. I need the creative outlet!

Today's card is fairly simple... My little nephew's birthday is coming up pretty soon!

Stamps: Mama Elephant Tiny NinjasFancy Pants On a Whimsy; Inkadinkado Happy Birthday
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black; Hero Arts Mint Julep, Soft Granite, Soft Pool; Zig Clean Color Pale Pink (028), Soft Pink (026), Orange (070), Turquoise Green (042), Deep Red (260)

My Nephew is really into ninjas, so I wanted to keep the main card fairly simple and have some  surprise ninjas hidden behind the flaps. I really love the Peekaboo Windows die... the fun flaps offer so many possibilities! 

I added a little fun foam behind the front panel to give some dimension to the windows that the ninjas are hiding in.

This is the strip of paper that is behind the window flaps. I did some water color 'splats' by scribbling my Zig markers onto a craft mat and mixing it with water. I then put some of the colored drops of water on the paper with a wet paint brush and blew it around with the Tim Holtz marker spritzer. It's hard to control exactly where the color will go with this, but I just wanted some pops of bright colors to hide behind the windows with the ninjas, so it worked great!

Well, I'm off to get more work done... I've got some catching up to do!
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Comments