a little different blending...

Hello my fabulous friends!

I just wanted to stop in real quick today to share what I've been working on today (in-between the yard work and house cleaning)...

Stamps: Altenew Garden Treasure; Essentials By Ellen Fancy Thanks
Dies: Spellbinders Belly Band One
Paper: Strathmore Bristol; Heartfelt Creations Daphne Collection
Other: Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear sequins, clear embossing powder


In the details...
Like I often do, I started out by stamping the images on Bristol paper with VersaMark ink and heat embossing with clear embossing powder. I didn't color it the same way I usually do though.. I wanted a more distinctive color change from the pink to the yellow than my usual technique would give. So, I started out by scribbling a little Light Brown Zig Clean Color at the base of a petal, and a little Pale Rose Clean Color at the top of the petal. I then took my water brush and blended the Light Brown up about a third of the way, and cleaned the brush. I then blended the Pale Rose down about a third of the way. I then used the middle third to blend the two colors together. I dabbed off excess water from the center portion to make the colors lighter. I did that for each petal. I really like the soft blend between the two colors!

The leaves and remaining flowers where more my usual color layering.

The clear sequins were colored using my Peony Pink Chameleon Pen. I love doing this.. it turns out so pretty!  

I wanted to give the card a bit of a tattered and vintage feel, so I inked around the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink. I then scruffed up the edges and went over the very edges of with a little Ground Espresso Distress Ink. I then took it over to my sewing machine and did a basic stitch around the edge. 

It's been a while since I've done that. My sewing machine has probably  been feeling rather neglected... Isn't it funny how our go-to techniques change? Re-visiting old favorites can be a lot of fun, and a great way to mix things up if you feel you're in a rut, or have creator's block...

I hope you have a wonderful day!

Enjoy!
~Kassi
SaveSaveSaveSave

Comments