polkadots and windows

Hello my fabulous friends! 

I know my little mini serious showcasing LDRS Creative projects that I made for Creativation is over, but it's my turn to do the DT post, and I still have more new things up my sleeve... 

Paper: Polkadoodles Lovely Lilacs (coming in March); DCWV Holiday Glitz; Georgia Pacific
Stamps: Polkadoodles Dandelion Wishes (coming in March), LDRS Creative Just Because
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Copic (skin) E000, E21, E11, V20, R32, (hair) E34, E57, E47, E49, (dress) BV01, V25, V,28 , 0, N0, N2, N3, (flowers) G29, YG67, YG63, Y21, Y26, R83, RV000, (ground) W4, W2, W0, multiliners (olive, black); Uniball Signo white; Gellyroll Clear Star
Dies: LDRS Creative Snowy Day, Fancy Flowers (coming in March); Polkadoodles Versatile Doors and Windows (Coming in March)

I used one of the window dies to cut both the windows in the card front, and the squares of patterned paper to fit inside them. When the card is closed there are fun pops of color and pattern, and when the card is open, the inside is already decorated!

I kinda love this image..... It's simple and adorable, and works for SO many different kinds of cards... from birthdays to thank you to sending you hugs... 
I colored her with Copics for this card... Her dress was lots of fun... The large open space means it can easily be colored just a plain color, or you can add your own patterns... Dots are tons of fun and super easy!  


I wanted to add a fun border behind my white panel... Because I used the Snowy Day die to give my white panel a little movement, using a normal straight border die would look odd... So I die cut a bunch of flowers using the Fancy Flowers die, then cut those flowers in half and glued them under the edge of the white panel. Doing this will let you put a fun border behind all sorts of non-straight edges... So many possibilities!

Enjoy!
~Kassi


SaveSave

Comments